Thursday, January 29, 2009

MAY 2008

BABY AURORA
Our 14th grandchild, little Aurora Jeanne, was born to Angela and Grant in May. She looks like she might be a strawberry blonde just like Princess Aurora. She is very much loved by her four sisters and her parents.






















SNOWBALL BUSHES AND GOURDS
A few days after Aurora was born Mike and I went to Eastern Washington. While Mike went to a College Finance Conference I stayed with my mom and sisters. I brought with me several small snowball bushes for Mom and Luetta's yard that I had propagated from the bushes I have at home. The little snowball bushes have quite a heritage. I got the start for mine from the snowball bush at my parent's house on the farm north of Pasco. When we moved there in 1954 my parents brought a start from my Grandma Monson's bush in Salt Lake City. Our snowball bushes have been a lot of fun for our grandkids. Every year in June they have a "snowball" fight with them. So for a day our back yard is covered with "snow". Luckily, the blossoms disappear quickly into the grass so there isn't a big mess to rake up.
I also planted some hardshell gourd seeds in Luetta and Mom's garden while I was there. I've tried unsuccessfully for the past two years to grow them in Western Washington but there just isn't enough sun.



LIZ AND MARK'S HOUSE
We went to Liz and Mark's house before going home. While we were there we went up into the mountains and searched for Murelle mushrooms but didn't find any. It was fun hiking around though. We also went to see their new house that they are beginning to build.

























SPRINGTIME
Spring is always so welcome after the dark, rainy days of winter. I look forward to sunshine, flowers blooming, asparagus from our garden, and the return of birds, especially hummingbirds, that have been gone for the winter. The big pink rhody in front of our house has been growing for about 30 years. It's probably 10 feet tall and 12 feet wide. We've taken a lot of photos in front of it in May when it's in full bloom, over the years. Our children and our family have grown right along with it.




















5 comments:

Steph said...

Great pics!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I especially enjoyed seeing those last two pictures. I love how close my girls are to all of you. :)

Angela said...

Sorry I accidently published that comment 3 times in a row.