Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 IN REVIEW

Looking at my refrigerator calendar I see that the ordinary day to day activities have filled the days of our lives this year. When I look back at the year 2008 as a whole, though, I see some very choice out-of-the-ordinary blessings have come our way. I'll be making a post for every month of 2008 in the next little while so "stay tuned".

JANUARY 2008: On the ordinary side, January brought a couple of snow days, a Merit Badge Pow Wow for Joe as a scout and for Mike as a leader, (He taught the Personal Management Merit Badge.), more allergy shots for Tom, and a chicken pox shot for Joe. He had somehow managed to avoid getting the illness in his nearly 15 years. And finally, Karla, who was born in '54, turned 54.

On January 27th President Gordon B. Hinckley died leaving us all to think about what a wonderful blessing it has been to have him as the prophet and president of the church. (2215)

1 comment:

Elizabeth C said...

I am so glad that you are blogging now!! That is amazing that Joe hasn't gotten chicken pox yet!