PATRIOTIC FEBRUARY
When I was growing up, February was always a patriotic month, one to honor our founding fathers. At school the bulletin board would often feature Abraham Lincoln and George Washington since their birthdays are in February. I especially remember the silhouette pictures of them.
On February 9th Mike, Karla, Chris, Celestia, Angela and Tom all went to their Republican Caucuses and were elected as delegates to the county convention. Unfortunately, Mitt Romney had suspended his campaign two days earlier so it made it harder to choose who to support.
What a wonderful and choice blessing we enjoy in the United States in that we can be part of the political process. This blessing also comes with a great responsibility to educate ourselves about the issues and candidates of the day so that we can make good choices. One of the biggest problems we have in this country, in my opinion, is an uninformed electorate.


1 comment:
I was so proud of all of you for being delegates, even though Mitt wasn't chosen it was a good experience huh??
Post a Comment