Friday, November 9, 2007

Summer 2007














After working for 31 years for the State of Washington Mike recently retired. In July he started a new job at Pierce College as their finance director so we stayed pretty close to home this summer. We grew a vegetable garden and were even successful with our corn crop which has never happened before. I love global warming. :) Tristan and Joe posed in the garden for these photos. I also love to grow flowers and especially love roses. These are some of the ones we grew this year. We enjoyed having the hummingbirds visit us again this year from the first of April until the end of August. It all makes life just a little more interesting. Joe would tell you that I spent a lot of time giving him things to do so he wouldn't spend the whole summer on the computer, too, which is probably true.




2 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

THAT IS SO FUN THAT YOU GOT YOUR CORN CROP TO GROW!! I LOVE THE PICTURE THAT YOU GOT OF THE HUMMINGBIRD! THAT MUST'VE BEEN A HARD SHOT TO SHOOT! BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS YOU GREW TOO!

Angela said...

I love that you have the Hummingbird picture and the Hummingbird sand sculpture picture. The flowers and garden are beautiful too.