Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tom's Pizza story at the MTC





January 2012
The cooks at the MTC are really awesome. They went out of their way to help Tom have plenty of good food without soy in it.  Here's a story that Tom sent in one of his letters. 

He said:


"Normally on Fridays they have pizza from “Papa John’s”, and so they make me a sort of pizza on some sort of pre-made crust thing.  It’s usually OK, but this last Friday, I guess they decided to make real pizza dough.  This was awesome in itself, but for some reason, when I went back to get my food I saw that the pizza they made for me was about twice the size of the rest of the little normal, personal sized pizzas.  Lots and lots of people stared, and one guy asked “where did that come from?”  When I set it down on a table an Elder at the table started staring at it, and the entire time I went to go get drinks, he sat there, staring.  When I came back, he finally asked what was up with the pizza. When I answered, he told me I was making a whole lot of elders jealous.  It was all very amusing, and the pizza was really good, not nearly as good as Mom’s pizza, but it’s hard to be that good.  I took a picture with the pizza before I ate it, which I will have to send to you guys."

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love that story... and it's even better with pictures! :)